So 2016…boy was this year a doozy. So many extraordinary highs and devastating lows. The one saving grace: BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS! You know the drill by now, we countdown our Top Five favorite books of the year, the author(s) that rocked our book world and what books we will look forward to in the New Year. First up is our newest reviewer, Paloma! Check back tomorrow for Jen’s Top Reads of 2016.
5. The Allure of Dean Harper by R. S. Grey
I can’t count how many times this book made me LOL. This was a fun, sweet, romantic read.
4. Smut by Karina Halle This is by far one of my favorite authors of all time and I try not to miss any of her amazing books. This book was fun, quirky and had a HEA, so of course it had to be on my list.
3. Professed by Nicola Rendell This was my first book to read by this author and definitely one that I could not get out of my head. This book was smart, full of romance and a bit taboo. Do yourself a favor and do not bypass this book or author.
2. Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins This was quite a book! Lots of emotion and I was not able to put this one down. The characters were written perfectly imperfect and I loved every minute of this book. Bonus…I was able to meet Jessica this past year and tell her how much I loved her books.
1. A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner This is by far my top book of 2016. If you want to feel raw emotions and are looking for a book that has, love, laughter, sadness and friendship this book has it all. I recommend it to just about anyone who will listen.
Authors That Blew Me Away In 2016
I have read two of Nicola’s books so far and both were 5 stars for me. Her characters were well written and both books were non stop page turners. I cannot wait to read her newest book, Hail Mary and see what the future holds for this amazing author.
Kandi Steiner how I love thee, let me count the ways. She wrote the most beautiful words and A Love Letter to Whiskey made me have all of the feels and think about past relationships. Not many authors can move me and make me feel the way she did. I hope she keeps writing these wonderful emotional books. The book community needs more authors like her.
Books I’m Looking Forward To In 2017
Skin by B.B. Easton
Brothel: The Magnolia Diaries by 8 indie authors